CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back to AL for one of us...

Well, Forrest left this moring about 4:00AM to catch a plane in Killeen to DFW to Huntsville...and will stay and check things out for us, meet people, the coaches, and look for us a home. He will be gone for 10 days, getting back next Saturday! Yesterday after work, I took a quick trip to the Outlet Mall in Hillsboro (about 30 minutes from us towards Dallas) . I gave a couple of "happies" to him last night to let him know I'm proud of him and believe in him, (a new Nike golf polo (since he never buys clothes for himself and you only get to make a 1st impression once...right?) , a Nike t-shirt, and a card). The t-shirt was perfect for him with a powerful message "There's a man who thinks he can, and a man who thinks he can't. They are both right. Then on the back it says: "Which one are you? Football Matters." It had "FORREST" written all over it. So that is what's going on in the "moving front." We'd ask that you'd pray that Forrest will have discernment and 110% confirmation that it's where we are supposed to be and that he'd have plenty of time to do all he needs and wants before he returns...and that he'd find us the perfect home for the perfect price...so he'll have somewhere to move our things in a couple of weeks when he moves over for good.

I also have posted several pictures from Race for the Cure Waco (my friend just sent them to me since they were on her camera). This is my friend, Katie, who has a very similiar story as I...she and her husband, Reagan, are moving to Midland, TX at the end of the summer for him to accept a position in a law firm. He graduated from BU LAW a couple of weeks ago. We love "the Butts" and will miss them greatly. We know them from church. They too are traveling to Midland to try and look for a home this weekend, so I am babysitting, Ruby, their golden retreiver in the picture, for 4 days. I'm sure it will be just fine. She is sweet ...I just hope Bella & her behave :) This other picture is of a dear cheerleader of mine, she's a Kanakuk girl too...simply precious. We have done a couple of races together, including the Dallas White Rock 1/2 marathon. Love you Bailey! Forrest was sweet enough to get up early and be the "dad" and take pictures and hold our junk along the route.

Last but not least, pictures from the Connally HS athletic banquet on Monday night. This is Forrest's head coach and his wife. They are such a great couple and have twin 3rd grade girls. They have taken us under their wings and are great examples of what it means to be successful and significant (head coach & wife). We will greatly miss their friendship and leadership. Thank you Johnsons!

Anyway...better get ready for work...things are winding down at BU. Students are DONE with finals, but there is still plenty to do with my job...reording equipment for camp and football season, taking inventory, and getting them set up for next year...to make things a little smoother and easier before I depart :( But we aren't talking about that quite yet. Have a good one!

0 comments: