I'm back...well at least for 2 more days!! Let me just tell you this was a tough college camp in the 100-106' heat where we were out there at least 4 hours a day! (ahhh) The squads did REALLY well...and I feel I'm leaving on a good note for the most part. The Coed squad will be attending a private camp at BU in August, so that's why you don't see them in the pictures below. The Songleaders (Dance Team) received 2nd in the home routine we brought to camp (OU ==Oklahoma) got 1st. They also received the "Most Improved Award" from last year to this year and the most special award received was the "Most Collegiate Award," which our mascot crew also received the "Most Collegiate Award"...beating out big teams such as the Texas Longhorns, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma. I was a proud "mama." The Most Collegiate Award is who emulates what a college team should look like and be able to do (it has a lot to do with image), but also skill level and the overall package. The program has really come forward in the last couple of years...and I look forward to having my graduate assistant, Jennifer, to take my place. She was the dance coach and my grad for a year...so hopefully the transition will be smooth. I love you Jennifer. Here are a few pictures taken at the end of camp (a quite emotional time for me since it'd be the last time I'd have all of them as a group and taking pictures.) Remind me next time that the lean over to the side view is not very flattering :( The other picture is me with the mascots. I was really proud of them. 2 were asked to be on the UCA Mascot Staff...and as I stated earlier the other mascots voted them for the "Leadership Award" and "Most Collegiate"...SIC 'EM!! One of the most touching moments is when the big guy next to me handed me the 2 trophies and said...."Here EJ, these are for you." Uhh...still makes me tear up just typing it...simply because of all the hard work that we all have put into that aspect of the program from when I got here he was a "green carpet" and now we have 2 brown suits and a blow up bear...been named to America's Top 12 Capital One Mascot Team last year...and now these awards. It's powerful to see your work...actually get rewarded!!
Thanks to all my students for a great 4 years and all the hard work you did. I'll miss you indeed.
Keep up the great work...Sic Em Always... 






0 comments:
Post a Comment