Here we are! We are back in Waco, TX. Who would have thunk it? Our drive from Memphis to Waco on Friday took 11.5 hours since we stopped about every 2 hours for this prego chick to stretch, use the restroom, and to stay hydrated...a vicious cycle! It wasn't too bad with the walkie talkies...but tempers did flare a smidge...and I'll leave it at that...lets just say it involved cruise control :) Praise the Lord for our protection all the way here. Needless to say we have slept very good at night since the trek.
For those of you who have never been to Texas or are not familiar with it, I'll give you a brief overview. First off, let me make an observation that there are apparently "two Souths"...the one I grew up in and around (Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, etc.) and then the 'other South' would be the one we now live in...'Texas.' Texans...of course think they live 'in the South' and all the rest of the 'deep South' think their area is the 'true South.' I'm not sure who is right but we love both! It is true that Texas seems to be a whole new country. [which they will remind you at one time it was just that--it's own country] I can't explain it but but I guess since it's just so darn big and they just have their unique and prideful way of doing things. It is a 'little' annoying of how 'proud' they are to be from Texas...but I guess when in Rome act as the Romans right? For instance, Texas flags fly EVERYWHERE! Whether it's at a gas station or in the middle of a neighborhood ...they fly the flag with pride...and it seems to be on just about anything you want...at Walmart...shower curtains, cups, toothbrushes, door mats...you name it-- they have it I'm sure. You don't see a Tennessee flag on every corner do you? Just an observation as I said...no more than that.
Yes, we are neighbors with President Bush and his ranch, the Western White House. It really is a tourist scene...and really neat place to visit. We'll take you there if you come visit! :) He usually spends a month in the summer here...so I'll let you know if I see him at his favorite hang outs around town. :) Crawford, TX is a tiny 4-corners kind of town, population about 500 when the President isn't around, in ranching country around 18 miles' drive west from Waco. It's not near much of anything. Here is how you are welcomed to Crawford...





1 comments:
That's right and don't you ever forget it about us Texans, sister!! Also, don't forget your little man will be a Texan for life since he will be born in this here state!!=)
Can't wait to see you soon!!!!
Heather
Post a Comment