Our church Christmas musical was last Sunday morning...and since I am the music minister's assistant...well, Walker got to play the part of Baby Jesus....and of course, Forrest and I were Mary & Joseph. It was a great and humbling experience for me. As I stared at Walker for an entire song...I tried to put myself in Mary's/Joseph's/ and God's shoes and 'TRY' to understand their emotions of having a baby that would one day have to die for all of mankind's sin. I mean I hate it when Walker has gas pains...how painful to have your son disliked, mocked, spit on, and eventually 'crucified.' I encourage all of us during this Christmas season to remember that Jesus was a 'tiny baby' born helpless and in need of tender love and care. Do we today treat him as sweetly and tenderly and attentively as we do our own children? Or do we find ourselves too busy for him and put him off until later or even the next day? On a lighter note: look how chunky Walker's leg looks (ha)! I mean he does way 15lbs at 10wks old! He did PERFECT during both services. The first service he was awake and just stared at the lights. During the 2nd service, he was crying pretty hard right until we walked out on the stage and then he just fell asleep instantly (goodness--what a show off!) :) The song during this part of the service was "A Cry in the Dark" so it was ok if he cried anyway...that's part of being a baby right?
Merry CHRISTmas!





0 comments:
Post a Comment