CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 08, 2008

Goodbye party for football....

Well, I'm back but can you blame me? After moving into a new place (for us) 2 weekends ago (still living in a sea of boxes) and working full-time...I'm finally able and willing to blog. Most nights I rush home to feed and hang out with Walker (we average getting home at 6:00pm) for an hour or so, possibly attempt to cook dinner (but usually that's just too much time NOT spent as 'direct' Walker time so we opt for 'opening boxes or cans.' After that it's bath time and feeding time and bedtime...and by then I'm ready just to crash...not really motivated to do anything productive except sleep. Anyway...all of that to say ...that leaves very little time for blogging....but I did want to get some of these special moments and pics up on the web for ya'll. The first is Walker and his friend, Aiden, at their first ever SUPERBOWL PARTY. Our Sunday School had a little get together. Walker did very well...and enjoyed the man time with his dad too. It's also a rare occasion we cheer for an 'Ole Miss Rebel' ....but in this case Eli Manning was the clear vote. We're happy the Giants won...and that the Superbowl Champs have a 'Mississippi' tie-in. Not too many people gave the quiet, low maintenance, country boy much of a chance...vs. the celebrity, hot shot Brady ....but Eli kept his cool and proved himself as a 'player.' Congrats Eli...even if you are a Rebel at heart. This also marked the VERY end of football season. Bittersweet in our household for obvious reasons. If they are not obvious to you...then ask me, and I'll be glad to tell you. :) PS- Remember this cute 'football' onesie...there's a GREAT story behind it...but I'm too tired to type it all out tonight...and tomorrow will be an eventful day of service project for our church's mission house. So long football...see you in 6 months!

0 comments: