Whew hoo! Yay for fabulous friends that have a lake house and invite you to come for the weekend. Thanks Campbells! I really am looking forward to this because every time we go it's so relaxing and laid back and so fabulous. I actually do consider it a VACATION! We'll be at Lake Bob Sandlin (up north of Dallas). This trip will be different I'm sure since little Walker man will be with us for the first time. Last summer when we went, I was really pregnant...but not anymore. It'll be fun for all of us to be there...but I'm telling you now lakes are my nightmare with babies/little kids. So Walker and I will be in our baby pool on the dock. No boat and no floaty ring in the lake. And I can not be convinced that it's not dangerous...so don't even try because you can't control accidents. The unclarity of the water (the bottomless pit) is just so terrifying to me if something every did happen....God forbid. So we will stick to the dock this summer. Fun times to be had wherever we are I'm sure.My post is to ask for any friendly advice on taking a baby to the lake. Have you done it? If so send me your pointers for a more fun and safe trip with a baby at the lake...and what we need to bring!!
Thanks all...Happy Memorial Day Weekend (a little early)...
I even get off a day from work as a holiday. Thank you Lord!





4 comments:
Can't help you out but I would love to hear your pointers when you come back!
i am in TOTAL agreeance with staying out of the lake and the boat.
Camp just now went on his first boat ride at the segrest's lakehouse. I would recommend, however, buying or purchasing a lifevest anyway - or one of those suits that has floaties sewn into it. (we have both and love both- the suit ones are great for pool too!) the reason i suggest this is if you are on the dock (that is by the lake) you still need protection for accidents =)
and SUNSCREEEN!!!!!!! spf 50 and reapply all day long - even if it says it lasts all day - reapply anyway! hats are good too if walker will wear one!
hmmmmm... if i think of anything else, i will let you know!
No lake trips, but lots of beach trips. John always says the smaller a child is, the more stuff they need. My advice....rent a uhaul!
Its ok, Forrest was a boat driver at kanakuk....
Post a Comment