CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Ergo anyone?

I'm thinking that in a few, short months I'm going to need something to carry Walker in to Dad's football games. I don't mind holding him, but not for 3 hours+. He's too heavy for the Baby Bjorn, and it's only a front carrier. I have done some research and heard good things about the Ergo carrier. Do any of ya'll have one? Please let me know what you think. They say you can use them for toddlers up to 40 lbs. They are not cheap ($92) but I'm not sure how else I'm going to contain and hold little man for 3 hours every Friday night otherwise. And from the picture on the website...you can take them beach walking (yay), a hopefully new family fun activity.
Disclaimer: No that is not my husband, nor baby, nor MS beach.

8 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

EJ,
My girlfriend, Gretchen, has an Ergo and LOVES it! She might have gotten hers on Craigslist or Ebay for a bit cheaper, so maybe check there.

Emily said...

My sister in law (with four kids) said if she has/had another baby, this is what she would buy. She has several friends who rave about them, as they are very comfortable on your shoulders/back.

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about Ergo, but I wish I had years ago!! One thing I did with Brooks was bring the Bumbo and Bumbo tray with some small toys or snacks. That way he actually would sit - at least for awhile. But this Ergo sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about Ergo, but I wish I had years ago!! One thing I did with Brooks was bring the Bumbo and Bumbo tray with some small toys or snacks. That way he actually would sit - at least for awhile. But this Ergo sounds great!

Tiffany said...

It looks like a good way to carry a heavy one, but I'm not sure how exciting it would be to stare at Mom's back for 3+ hours. Do they really sit that low or is it just that pic? The Bumbo sounds like a good idea. I use my Peanut Shell sling in the hip position and can hold Jackson like that for hours, but I'm sure he's a couple pounds lighter than Walker. Can you do a stroller on the sidelines or the front row of the bleachers and move around a little also?

Kelley said...

Get out, I thought Forrest bought a wig!!!
hehehehehehe

Wendi said...

I don't know about the ergo, but I had a backpack with a kickstand on it from target for about $40 and absolutely LOVE it!! I cleaned house, cooked, and went grocery shopping with it all the time!!!

Anonymous said...

I love my Ergo -- it's great and really comfy. It's pricey, but worth it for the comfort.

And, I'm happy to hear y'all will be near us! :)