
Well, here we are after
Day #1 of swim 'lessons.' As Jennifer stated in her blog...I will use the word 'lesson' loosely. I guess I just set my expectations way too high after talking to our friend Katie and seeing how much her son learned at his swimming 'lessons.' I'm taking off work an hour early for these next two weeks to take Walker to swim lessons...thinking he'll/ we'll learn some neat ideas and techniques to get him to enjoy the water more, etc. We get there and there's no one directing us this way or that way...I guess they just hoped we'd find the right pool out of the 3 they have. It all just seemed disorganized to say the least. And there are/were way more babies than I had imagined, and they are all quite a bit older than Walker and Mason. It was fun, please don't get me wrong and, I did get a few ideas for future alone pool time, but as I stated earlier, and I hate to be a pessimist but it just did not meet my expectations...I apologize Jennifer for getting your/our hopes up. :( Hopefully, the rest of the days will be better. If it's the same stuff each day, then I'm asking for my money back! Here are some cute pics of the boys and a video (too bad blogger formats the quality so low...it's pretty blurry after the download). Mason's dad got in the water today, while Jennifer was our photographer. :) Thanks Jennifer! Guess it's all an experience huh? Gotta try or you'll never know right? Kristy...I hope you all can join us tomorrow...don't worry you didn't miss much, I'm sure you guys can catch right up with us. (ha)
Here are a few ques that made me ask the instructor...Are we in the right class?
Instructor: Ok, now put your baby's face in the water and let them blow bubbles?
EJ thinking: Are you serious? If my 8mos. old does that he'll suck in water and choke or worse yet.
Instructor: Now put your child on the ledge and let them jump to you in the water.
EJ thinking: Do you realize our 8mos. olds don't even know how to stand up by themselves yet?
PS- Jennifer, Michael, Forrest, and I took childbirth classes together last summer since the boys were due on the same week...and this summer we are taking swimming lessons together. Too fun! My how things change in one short/LONG year. :)
That's it from the shallow end of the pool...until tomorrow...


1 comments:
Olympic Champion in the making!
He's beautiful.
Post a Comment