We're back! We made it back to "our home" in Waco around 8pm on Saturday night and were too tired to go partying for New Year's so we just stayed put. Let's get started. We spent 5 days in Germantown, TN with Elizabeth's parents and family. This is our newest addition...my precious niece, Abby...she is 18 mos. old. She was not feeling too hot that day but I'm so honored that she knows my name "E" even if I only get to see her 2-3 times a year. :( 


This is Elizabeth's family. Grandma Barber, mom's mom; twin brother, Paul; Dad, Elizabeth, and Mom. We also went to a NBA Memphis Grizzlies game while there...but there are no pictures because we were up in the nosebleed section...but that's ok...a good time was had by all.

Forrest & Caitlin enjoying a lazy morning on the couch. Isn't she just precious? She is in first grade and very smart. Ginger if you don't submit her picture to model we will!!! What are you waiting for? Later we all went outside to get some fresh air and watch Caitlin ...rollerblade! 




On our last night. We took a trip to Starkville for Elizabeth to get a hair cut and to catch a MSU Men's bball game. Of course I was scoping out the Spirit Squads...since that's my job! I have my comments but I will keep them to myself. They got a new overhead box, as seen in the picture...pretty neat! The fun thing was they were still playing the same songs over the speakers that they played 5 years ago when I was on the court. And we won by 2 at the buzzer. It was fun to go back for a game since I had not done that in 4.5 years since I cheered my last game. The really cool part was when we were leaving and I ran into 2 people that also graduated from State & now work at Baylor with me. (Small world) His parents live in Starkville still. Isn't that the coolest? After the game we went to a favorite hot spot in town, The Grill, to meet Forrest's HS pals he hadn't seen in quite a long time. Fun times all around. 

So that's it. Thanks for a great break everyone. We enjoyed every minute of it and it definately went by waaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too fast. We love you all. HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)






0 comments:
Post a Comment