CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

ATTN BLOG ADDICTS! MAKING YOUR LIFE A LITTLE EASIER!

I've been meaning to blog this 'how to' for awhile now...but you know how things get. Ok....so a friend in Memphis told me about this FABULOUS TIME SAVER with checking all of those blogs we do! :) [Thanks Chelsea's mom!] Instead of finding yourself on the computer for an hour or more every day checking blogs....just see who has updated theirs in a few quick clicks. HERE'S HOW!
  • Start a gmail account on http://www.gmail.com/ or http://www.google.com/
  • Once in gmail there will be a link at the very top, click on 'more'
  • The dropdown menu will appear, click on 'Reader'
  • On the left menu it will say 'add subscription' Click on it!
  • Copy and paste a blog address you frequently check or want to keep up with; then click add
  • It will automatically load your 'blog site or website' that you want to keep up with
  • If you'd like to 'rename' the blog or site for easier finding, just click on 'manage subscriptions,' click on rename and type in your wording preference for that site
  • As far as I know, you can have as many as you want...some websites will work and some won't so be aware
  • NOW FOR THE FUN PART...if someone has updated their blog the website title will appear in BOLD with the # of update posts they have done that you have not seen or read
  • The really cool part is that you can click on the blog and it will quickly appear on the right side of your screen WITHOUT having to open a new screen click on someone else's blog, to get to someone else's blog (you know you do it!) :)
  • Once on a certain blogsite, look for Show: it will have a #....once you scroll down it will go from a number to "0" (meaning you have officially read and caught up with that site and the site title will UNBOLD itself.
  • I think that is it!! If you have any questions....email me or comment on this post and I'll try to help you out :)
  • Be sure to let me know if you like this option and if it saves you time! :)
  • OHHHHH....I almost forgot--the only downside of this option is that you can't 'comment' on blogs (as far as I know) but you can easily do that if you want to by going to the website yourself

HAPPY BLOG STALKING...oh I mean VIEWING! :)

0 comments: