Hi friends...I need some help! Please stop and think and see if you can HIGHLY recommend any 'baby' books for an expectant mom. While I have some time on my hands without a job yet, and it's summer, and I'm a learner...I want to soak in as much 'info' as i can before Walker arrives in 4 short months. Please comment and let me know your 'FAVORITES' for these type of books and maybe your 'I'd skip it' picks. Thus far, friends have recommended: Baby Wise and The Nursing Mother's Companion. Thanks for your helpful insight in advance!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
READ ON??
Posted by Forrest and Elizabeth Williams at 4:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
EJ,
I highly recommend Baby Wise. I kept it handy until Riley was at least 6 months old. It really helped me get Riley on a schedule early on.
I also kept handy the American Academy of Peds book : Caring for Your Baby and Young Child (ages birth - 5 years). Publix will give this book to you for free plus monthly coupons. Do you have Publix grocery stores in TX??
Happy Reading!
I agree with Sara Beth,
Caring for Your Baby and Young Child is a great one you'll go to for a while. Excellent for questions when the kids are sick!!
i did not read baby wise and we managed to get on a great schedule just fine, so i really don't have an opinion of it. one that i LOVED and will highly recommend to any mom is The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Karp...the website is www.thehappiestbaby.com
happy reading! =)
I am not a mom, I know this, but I have heard my Kristen say over and over that Baby Wise is fabulous. Henry HAD to get on a strict schedule with Kristen's doctor schedule, and this book apparently did a great great job instructing how to do so. He slept through the night in no time!!!
YAY FOR BABIES!
ok- i haven't read anything yet since having Ellie and have heard mixed reviews on baby wise- some swear by it, some swear at it! but the book i did read during pregnany was Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy (hysterical) and also Baby Bargains (do not go to Babies R Us without it!)
EJ,
We are also baby wisers here at the Jolly household and are big fans!!! I have loved it and Rebecca has been a great sleeper, I often tell people I actually sleep more now than when I was working and they are shocked:) Although I am more tired too at the end of the day. I also liked your Pregnancy Week by Week.
Natalie
EJ,
After 3 kiddos, I only recommend Secrets of a Baby Whisperer. A gracious guide to ordering your family's schedule as you learn and respect your baby's individuality. Provides so much helpful clues to watch for and suggestions on how to respond.
Denise Mason
Post a Comment