CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Odds & Ends...


So yesterday Forrest drove over to College Station and traded in his truck for a 2006 Nissan Altima (seen here). I'm very proud of him for doing the research and being a 'smart husband & dad.' We will save several hundred dollars a month by having this car instead of his truck. I asked him if he still felt like a 'man' because he no longer owns a 'truck.' He said, "well kind of, but I'll get used to it and it's worth it." It will be the 'nice' car (aka: no Bella allowed) or so we hope. My car is a Toyota Camry 2003 and has been the 'gas saving' vehicle for our road trips back and forth last year in AL. It will ALWAYS have Bella hair in it....so we'll just keep on keepin' on with that as 'her' vehicle.

Here I am 27 weeks prego as of yesterday...90 days to go! It's gone by pretty fast and I'm sure will only pick up the pace now that football season is here for 'the coach.' Yes, that's right...they start up in full swing tomorrow (the coaches that is). I'm feeling great...my feet swell pretty good M-F since I'm on my feet a lot at my job...but that's ok. My Dr's appointments last Friday went very well. The heart thing seems to not be a factor anymore...hasn't happened lately and the cardiologist just thought it was my heart adding extra beats because it works harder, not skipping beats. I will schedule my 'glucose gestational diabetes' test for sometime this week I believe. I hear that's fun! :) And on Tuesday we start our 'CHILDBIRTH CLASSES.' :) They will be every Tuesday for 5 weeks. We are taking them with our friends, The Taylors, who are due the same week. I'll be sure to give you full reports with pics from the camera phone (ha). Til then...enjoy your Sabbath day of rest (hopefully!) I know I will! Oh...I hope you enjoy the new 'baby ticker.' I stole it off of the Taylors blog. Very cute huh? Thanks Jennifer!
PS- Let me take ONE more opportunity and brag on my husband before it gets too far away from the time it actually happened. Last weekend 3 of his former AL players played in the Alabama All-Star game. The really cool and honoring thing about this is that his former high school, Clements High, from this past season was the only high school to have 3 players on the roster and the only 3 players in Limestone County invited to play. All 3 were seniors for him and GREAT kids as well as star players. I'd say Coach Williams had to play a little role in that accomplishment. Hmmm...sounds like a pretty successful team/ coach to me...wonder why he's not there anymore? Way to go guys! To read the full article from the paper...CLICK HERE!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

amen

LT (and Max) said...

i drive an altima (2003) and i LOVE it. i've had it for almost 4 years and i still treat it like my "new car" :). i plan on driving it until it will no longer run! you will not be disappointed!

The Segrest Family said...

so excited about your new job. keep wearing flip flops! (did i tell you that my feet grew a size after camp?- they say it's something about your joints and pregnancy...)
you look great!

Unknown said...

you are so cute! congrats about all this exciting news!