CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm back....

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back and blog the latest with us....but this week has been crazy with something EVERY night after work. Monday we went to Cheddar's to celebrate Jennifer's 28th birthday, Tuesday we had our 1st childbirth class, Wednesday I had Bible Study, Thursday we had an infant care class....tonight...NOTHING...that I know of. So that makes for LONG days. I will probably just tell you about this and that to catch you up.



#1: BELLA KNOWS HOW TO SWIM NOW! :) Last Sunday she decided she COULD NOT resist the water noodle so she creeped her way into the pool and then there was no turning back. She used to be SOOOO afraid of the water for some reason...but I guess just one time in and she knew it wasn't so bad after all. Kim's dog, Brady, swims ALL the time so I think she was jealous Brady was having all the fun without her. We're so proud of her. It makes swim time much more fun for all of us :)
#2: WEEK 1 of CHILDBIRTH CLASSES...1 DOWN, 4 TO GO! So we were definitely the 'giggliest' couple there. I don't know what it is ...but we make each other laugh at the most inopportune times. Here we all are (6 couples) and Forrest & I get the giggles during the 'relaxation/ dead silent' breathing techniques...ahhh. I know the teacher must think we are going to be the worst parents ever. Oh well...we know that to definitely not be true. The teacher went around the room to ask what our #1 fear is about childbirth and Forrest says, "Hmm, rabid dogs!!" What in the world? Everyone just started laughing out loud. I guess 'humor' will be our 'coping mechanism' for labor & delivery huh? Every couple in our class is having a BOY. Crazy huh? Forreset did redeem himself and say that his 'true' #1 fear is that something would happen to me and he'd be left alone to raise a newborn....ahhh...very sweet. We are very glad our friends, the Taylors , are taking the 5 week class with us...they are due 2 days before us. It makes for quite memorable times.
#3: INFANT CARE CLASS... We did learn a lot last night in this class. Topics included: circumscion, bathing, feeding, diapering, swaddling, immunizations, etc. Well, I got in trouble last night for giggling (again). And wouldn't you know it it was during the time she was talking about 'cirumcision & the male part.' I wasn't giggling at that but the fact that there was another couple 'petting' one another during class. The wife was 'stroking' her husband's arm and back...sweet but not in public at 'childbirth' class.

I guess that's about it. We hopefully have another 'lazy' weekend planned. Forrest started football 'officially' on Monday...it's been a good week but we are both pretty worn out. My husband gets major points for sucking it up and going with me to 4+ hours of childbirth classes in one week. I hope to use the weekend as catch up time with my 'craft' projects (sewing on baby shower gifts, scrapbooking, and now thanks to Jenny Holloway...my new favorite hobby of 'BLURBING!!' I think I'm going to do our Alabama blog first because there is a definite start and finish point. I played with the program a little yesterday and it's addictive! Thanks Jenny! So cool that my Bible Study girls and I were JUST talking about that on Wednesday night...and Jenny posted that new sight to us the same day. Crazy! Other than that...we are doing great...Baby Walker is movin' and groovy and will be a complete 28 weeks tomorrow! He'll be here before we all know it. Have a great weekend all...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've enjoyed taking classes with y'all! Love the comment about the "petting" couple. Ugh...that was disgusting!