CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 10, 2007

CHILDBIRTH CLASS #3 & CAPTURING THE MOMENT...

Well, this week's childbirth class at our hospital,
HILLCREST, was the most entertaining thus far. Where should I begin? We toured the hospital Labor & Delivery floor and rooms. I will be very honest and say I was a little disappointed in how SMALL they rooms were...but hey...they'll get the job done I'm sure :) They are building a brand new hospital but it won't be ready until May 2009...maybe we'll be in there for our 2nd child! :) We learned all of the mechanics of the 'birthing room' and bed. Our teacher wanted a volunteer to show the labor positions on the bed...and OF COURSE my husband volunteered! Those pictures will hopefully come later...they are on Michael's phone. They are H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S! Forrest is in the stirrups and everything! Wow...I never thought I'd see the day. So at the same time a woman is 'pushing' next door and we could hear everything the 'cheering' section was telling the mom to do. Of course, every now and then Forrest's eyes got really big. It looked like a circus....many people coming in and out. After about 30-45 mins. we heard the baby cry...it was AMAZING. Later, we saw this little baby getting his bath in the nursery...so sweet! I can't wait for it to be ours! Toward the end of the evening, the 'dad's had to put on 'the 35 lb. belly' and do a certain difficult task the wife suggested. Forrest's task was to pick up markers off the floor that his 4 year old had scattered everywhere...all the while...our dinner guests were pulling into the driveway. He picked up a few and soon got the 'bright' idea to kick them under the chairs (where a couch or recliner would be). Very clever my husband is! The instructor said she'd never seen that before. She did say we were her most favorite class she's had in a LONG while. I'm sure she'll LOVE to see us walking down the hall when 'IT'S TIME!' More to come...gotta run to the doctor's office for my 30 week checkup. Pray all goes well. Thanks all. I'll report when I get back. For another version of the experience....click on the Taylor's blog.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

AHHHHHHHH! Did we warp him that bad while he was in Alabama?????

The Segrest Family said...

forest is so stinkin funny

Unknown said...

that is so funny. reminds me of "Ten things I hate about you"

I used to LOVE that movie.

So funny!!!