CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

Football Time in Texas...

Well...there is much football to catch you up on! I'll try to give you a 'brief' recap of the 1st '3' games of Forrest's Varsity team. 1.) vs. Liberty Hill @ Liberty Hill (defending state 3A champion) lost by 20...had a 1.5 hour rain/ lightening delay...got soaked all the way through to my 'undergarments'...had to sit in the lockeroom with the team for 1.5 hours (soaked through)...sat back out in the 'damp night' with flying, invading crickets...horrible refs that made the game score definitely NOT reflect how close it really was...game ended at 11:30pm...got in bed at 2:00am...8 months pregnant....uhhhh...needless to say I felt like I got hit by a truck the next morning and will NOT be going to any more 'away' games until after Baby Walker arrives. I promise! 2.) vs. Marlin @ Baylor's stadium...loss by 1 pt...they are ranked #9 in the state for 2A...played great....tough, close loss. 3.) vs. Mexia @ Baylor's stadium...final score 41-7...great, exciting game...these pictures are from that game...4.) this Friday we play AGAIN at Baylor's stadium for Connally's Homecoming game....vs. Fairfield...get 'em Cadets! The pictures I selected were taken by Stephanie (seen in the pic next to me). Thanks Steph! Stephanie & Brenner are some of our best friends in Waco. We've known them for a long time since our "Kanakuk days." Then when we moved to Waco in 2002 we found out they lived here too! They are Baylor grads and loved Waco/ Bear Country so much they never left and we are so thankful we reunited. They have been very faithful friends to us despite all 4 of our busy work schedules...sold us a house...bought our house back...visited us in Alabama not ONCE...but TWICE to see Forrest coach last year and for a guys trip...been to Forrest's parents home in Mississippi and even set foot on our beloved alma mater campus of MSU. Do we have great and loyal friends or what? All of that being said, Stephanie is a school psychologist at Connally... so they are "Cadets" too. :) The other pic is of course, Forrest and I with the scoreboard. (Please try not to notice how BIG I am). The others are two of my favorites that capture the 'moment,' the 'joy' of coaching with Forrest smiling during the end minutes, and the other with him 'coaching' one of his players. There...now you are caught up with 'THAT' part of our life. :) I'm proud of my husband...he's very good at what he's been called to do...although we barely see one another with him leaving in the morning while it's still dark and returning when it's dark at night...I'm very proud of him and blessed to call him my husband...and can't wait to see our son in his arms after the games. :) (Ok....I better stop there before the waterworks get going full blast). Night all...

1 comments:

Kelley said...

Ya'll look good. I'm lovin' that belly! Yours not his! hehehehehe