I had a baby shower this weekend in Waco. Look how many people were there? It was such an AMAZING weekend. It started off FABULOUS when Kim surprised me bringing in one of my best friends from Memphis/ MSU, Candace (blonde, far right, black shirt). WHAT A SURPRISE!! Thanks Candace for making the sacrifice to come and hang with me...even if it were for a couple of days. I was chillin' at home by myself because Forrest was at his JV football game, and here walks in Kim with Candace....so sweet of Kim to do this for me and so very thoughtful. Thanks Kim. I was so overwhelmed that I started crying. On Saturday morning, we went to get my hair cut and picked up my mom from the Waco airport. To tell you what sweet friends I have...on Saturday afternoon Candace took off my toe nail polish and painted my toe nails for me since I can't reach them anymore. How sweet is that? The 2007 version of the Christlike example of 'washing one another's feet.' On Saturday night, Forrest, Candace, my mom, and I went to the Baylor football game vs. Rice...we won by a lot, so we left at halftime to go get our grub on. On Sunday, we all went to church....ate lunch together....then Forrest headed to work and the girls headed to my shower. Here are some of the pictures of the shower and a few slipped in from Forrest's Varsity game last Thursday. I didn't realize how 'puffy' I am until I stood next to Candace and my mom. Whoa--now I realize where all of these 50lbs. are spread out all over :) The shower was so fun, and I was so blessed to be surrounded by so much love. I have some of the greatest friends here in Waco. I was so overwhelmed with their generosity to Forrest, Walker, and I. Pics of some fun, creative gifts coming soon! I guess it still seems a little surreal that it's actually me that is being honored at a baby shower and me that people are asking when I am due. It seems like we've waited a long time for a child of our own...but I know many others have waited much longer for God to bless. We are so thankful we've made it this far and can't wait to see our miracle face to face. So THANK YOU WACO FAMILY, you bless us beyond words. Thank you especially to the wonderful hostesses of my shower: Kim, Stephanie, Sarah, Heather, Kelley, Cindy, and last but certainly not least, Katie.
Every day it becomes a little more 'real.' Thursday I will go to the hospital for a 'car seat safety' class and have the car seat installed. With 38 days left...you just never know when 'd day' will be. Guess at this point, you can't be too prepared right? Why do weekends have to end? Lastly, a picture of the wonderful hostesses that did a lot of work to honor me and Baby Walker. Ya'll are best! Love & appreciation, ejw






1 comments:
I had a WONDERFUL time!! Thank you so much for letting me stay with you guys!! I miss you so much, EJ! I can't wait to meet Walker. He'll be so beautiful...and he'll know it! :-)
Take care of you, Sweet girl!!
Post a Comment