
We ended the year on a good football note with having our
'Bulldogs' win the Liberty Bowl on Saturday night, December 29. It was a fairly uneventful game until the last 5 minutes when we scored had the score end up
10-3 beating the
University of Central Florida. Walker stayed home with '
Grandmommy' and slept from 5-9pm and then 9:30pm-3:30am so I figured he was tired from all of the traveling. Aren't his
warm-ups too cute? One of Forrest's fellow coaches,here in TX, got that for us/him. Thanks Old Man Williams! :) The weather was pretty cold...and thankfully Candace had a blanket to share and my mom-in-law had an extra jacket...thanks ladies! Forrest's parents gave us the 'game experience' for Christmas. Thanks J & S! There were 11 of us in our party....and we had amazing seats...right behind the concrete wall in the scoring
end zone. All of Forrest's family went, my dad, and then Candace and Charlie. Here are Candace and I. My how 7 years changes things huh? Candace and I were on the Pom Squad at
MSU and were fortunate enough to cheer in 3 bowl games (Cotton, Peach, and Independence). Oh the glory days of
MSU Football...maybe they are returning? :) In fact, the last bowl we were in was in 2000 for the Independence Bowl when we
beat that Aggie team nearby 43-41 in OT on New Year's Eve...yes we beat Texas A&M in the unofficial 'snow bowl' (Independence Bowl) on an overtime TD...but it snowed during the game (hence the snow bowl) but I don't think I've ever been as cold as that game. It was so bad I wanted to pour hot chocolate on my hands and feet. Forrest and I were engaged at that time and now we're working our way toward our 7
th anniversary. In fact, that was the last time the Bulldogs were in a bowl game, so we thought it only appropriate to be there, and who could pass up a chance like this since it was in Memphis? Sidenote: Texas friends...you may recognize Candace because she's the dear friend of mine who flew in for my baby shower in September. Go Dawgs...keep up the good work! PS- Walker has not set foot on the treasured ground of Starkville or the MSU campus...it was just too yucky and cold to get him out when we were in West Point and in the area visiting his parents. Maybe this spring or summer! :)


3 comments:
Go Dawgs?....whatever. I'm just a sore loser cause I'm an Alabama fan.
EJ you are so photogenic!! And Walker is just so precious.
Hi friend! Love the pics. What a good looking family!
Post a Comment