CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy 4 Months Walker!


Yes, you read correct...Walker was given a 4 month birthday party 2 weeks ago on Feb. 6 by "Dad's school." It was a baby shower, but happened to fall on his 4 month birthday so it turned into both. Forrest's school really wanted to throw us a shower, but as you know things get busy so they did it after Walker got here and it was such a blessing! I mean not many people have 'baby showers' after their baby arrives...especially 4 months after the fact...but we did and it was so great to celebrate Walker's arrival with him there! To put a face and body with all the fun gifts. I counted it up and we received 671 diapers and no telling how many wipes! What a blessing just when a lot of our stuff from the September showers are running out...here come more things in 'bigger' sizes. Man the Lord is good! I won't have to buy diapers for a long time I hope. Here's dad and Walker man...don't you love his cute Connally onesie that Ms. Jennifer gave him? Precious!
A few regrets I have is not opening more presents with Walker on my lap...but everyone wanted a turn so I guess I'll share him for a little while. :) Another regret...I don't have a picture of all 3 of us at the shower? What is my problem? Goodness....let that ball drop. Anyway....it was a fun time had by all and we were so honored they would do such a thing for us. I mean who gives 'men' teachers baby showers and at that 4 months after the baby arrives? Did I already say that? Well it's true. I haven't heard of it that often....just goes to show how liked Forrest is among his co-workers. I'm proud of my husband and the impact he's had at Connally the few short years he's been there...well there and back again. :)
Thank you so much Cadets...we love you!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Ooops sorry - Yes, I have the books and I'm slowly reading "The Time Travelers Wife." Its pretty good...not great though. Like you, I'm just not really that into it, but I will finish!

We do need to get together soon. I'm heading over to Kim's on Sunday afternoon around 4:00 pm. Wanna come? We're just going to catch up and I want to hear all about her trip to Thailand. You should come and bring little Walker so that Kim and I can take turns holding him!

PS. I can't believe you got that many diapers - holy cow!

Kelly said...

That's neat that you had a shower after the baby - just in time to need more stuff. That's a ton of diapers!
If we have a son - his middle name will be Walker. That was my pap-pa's middle name and I love it!