CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Go Baylor Basketball....March Madness is Here!!

Well, the collegiate basketball season is reaching its peak...the Big Dance...the NCAA Tournament! I miss those days of being 'on the court' and 'in the mix' of it all with my job as the Spirit Coordinator at Baylor...but I wouldn't trade the way God has laid out our lives as He has done and in giving us Walker. This is kind of a surreal picture... several of my 'old' cheerleaders, dancers, and Bruiser with Walker. This is our first photo opportunity to get with them. Too fun! Forrest and I have enjoyed going with our friends to the games this season. We get in free because Forrest is a High School coach (yippee!) or else we'd probably be parked on our couch watching it on TV. Our friends below, Jennifer & Mason are also 'regulars' on the BU Bball scene. Startin' them young aren't we? Thankfully, Walker has 'adjusted' to the LOUD crowd, but we try to cover his ears when we remember to when 'big plays' are coming (slam dunks, etc). Otherwise, he loves it...even to the point of falling asleep for an entire 1/2. My 'old' girls think he is too cute and want to babysit.
Both teams (men and women) are doing really well. The men have made an unbelievable recovery from the inside tragedy within the team that happened 5 years ago and within 5 years should make it to the big dance. If you read the entire link (3 pages) you too might agree that someday it might turn into a movie (it's that bizarre, sad, yet triumphant in some way)...kinda like the movie, We are Marshall...I LOVE that movie, despite it's very sad truth of events. The other 'movie like' story also happened within the BU Men's basketball program back in 1927 with what is now known as the Immortal Ten (a very similar story/time line as We Are Marshall). Not too long ago, they unvailed the new bronze (life-size) statues of the Immortal Ten on campus...pretty amazing...and special. (Pictures of it are on this link). Anyway, I'm sure you can tell that I have grown a love for a university I worked for 4 short-long years, a university I don't even have a degree from, but a university I'm very proud to be a part of in some small way.
Back to the present, the men haven't gone to the NCAA Tournament in almost 20 years!!! That's a long time! The head men's bball coach, Scott Drew, and his wife, had a baby boy a couple of weeks after Walker was born. He's at every game too. :) The Big XII tourney starts this week in Kansas City, MO...and we'll be watching! Oh, and a quick shout out and THANK YOU to 'Aunt Kim' for the cute T-shirt for Walker...as you can see Walker and I matched pretty well on 'green out' night. I have forgotten to get a picture of his jacket...it has bear ears on the hood...precious...a gift from a teacher friend of Forrest's. I will try and remember to take a picture soon.
Sic 'Em Bears!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I miss you, friend! Love the pictures.

Rebekah said...

Yay for Baylor Basketball!!! I am becoming a fan very quickly. I am so glad we got to meet in person. We will have to get together when I get moved to Waco.