CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Historic Wedding Bells Soon to Ring in Crawford...

Well, a historic wedding is about to come to our area....Jenna Bush is getting married on May 10 in Crawford!! That's 2 weekends from this weekend. It's kinda fun, and I honestly want to try and scope it out. Think I should? Any body else want to come celebrity stalk with me? Jennifer, wanna go and be paparazzi with your camera? I just think it's really neat to watch history in the making. It's been almost 40 years since a child of the President was married during term. I'm the gal that woke up very early and stood in the rain just to see President Bush and his family vote for himself at the Crawford fire station. That's cool right? But the flip side of it is, I'm not a celebrity stalker. Celebrities don't really do it for me...but give me a President, especially "Dubya" and I'm all about it.

This video from a local news gal is hilarious...I especially love the short woman, black shirt and glasses who says "it's not a big deal." Too funny! Also, our local paper has an entire section dedicated to the wedding...a fun read if anything. I saw a special on 20/20 about Jenna and her work with UNICEF, she really is an amazing and humble woman. To see more on her year dedicated to UNICEF, click HERE. I love one of the reasons that she picked the Texas ranch instead of the White House for the wedding. “But they should never want the feeling of looking in the gates from the outside, and why should the Obamas be walking around the place where they were married? Why not be able to go back to that ranch and hold hands and walk in the moonlight and have it forever?” Very good point! Plus it will be way more intimate, not so much press, and much more personable. Anyway....I'm a fan! Congratulations Jenna!
PS- Seriously, let me know if anyone wants to come with and check out the scene on May 10 ...7:30pm!
Also--may I promote her new book that she wrote with her adorable mom, Laura Bush.
READ ALL ABOUT IT....was recently released. I'll have to grab it on Amazon sometime. I have a feeling since Walker's grandma was a school librarian for 30 years'ish that we'll be in the book reading business for a long time! The book is a children's book for ages recommended ages 4-8...but of course the earlier you start reading to your children the better!

2 comments:

Hillary Jordan said...

My sister in law is actually attending the wedding. She was roommates with Barbara at Yale and has become equally close with Jenna since college.

The best part is that she's giving her a large piece of McCarty pottery from Babcock's in Memphis for her wedding gift. Pretty neat, huh?

I'll share any stories or pics with you later...

Cindy Cates said...

I am there! As long as I don't end up spending time with secret service as well :) :)