CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

God's Grace is Sufficient...We are Thankful!

I know, I know...it's been FOREVER since we've blogged but I wanted to start with the MOST IMPORTANT post first! God definitely showed his mercy and grace to us on Monday morning. We thought about not posting this story, but I just had to in order to give our Lord glory for taking care of Walker and to help this be prevented with other families. We flew home early Monday morning from Memphis back to Dallas from the Thanksgiving holidays. Well, on our way to the car in the airport, we had an 'accident.' Walker was not strapped in his carrier for one reason or another but his carrier was clicked into the stroller. Being a 'what I thought' of as a conscientious mom....I put the canopy on the carrier and stroller over him in order to keep out the cold air and airport germs. Well I guess the 'out of sight, out of mind' quote is true...because soon after I forgot he was not strapped in ...as we headed down the escalator at the airport to get to our car ....I tip the stroller back to get on the escalator and the next thing I know everything is flying down the escalator, including Walker. Next thing after that--I see Walker lying face down on the moving escalator at my feet...I was in a shock at this point and did not know what to do. I'm thankful Forrest was very calm and said "pick him up, pick him up" ...so I did....and of course he was crying pretty hard. The ER doctor said that was a great sign. I tried to do a quick once over around his body the best I could and just cried as Forrest collected our 12 bags (well not really, but pretty close). Keep in mind this is our first adventure flying with an infant. So we are in our car and all Walker wanted to do was eat....so of course I let him since it would bring some much needed comfort to him. We then find our way (again a God thing) somehow to Cook's Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth. At this point, I could only see scratches on Walker's face and head, but we wanted to make sure he did not have a concussion or any internal injuries. After a long day in the ER, with a catscan...Walker was cleared as perfectly healthy and A-OK! What!!!??? We were/ are so blessed that he was ok, I hate to even think what 'could have' happened. Praise the Lord for his grace to our precious boy and us as his parents. I can honestly say that was the scariest moment of my life! So our parental pointers from this TOUGH lesson learned are: ALWAYS TAKE THE ELEVATOR, ALWAYS STRAP YOUR BABY/ CHILD IN THE CARRIER, STROLLER, BOUNCY SEAT (WHATEVER)...if it's got straps, there's a reason!!! As you can see from his poor face in this picture above, those are escalator lines. :( Now, onto brighter moments of the trip to TN and MS to see our families.Here is a sweet picture of Forrest's family and the "Williams" lineage. I think it's pretty cool that Walker is the only family member carrying on the "Williams" family name. Forrest's grandparents had 2 girls and a boy (Forrest's dad) and of his children of course Forrest was the only boy and now there is Walker. Forrest saw all 4 of his great grandmothers in one day (Thanksgiving Day). As you can imagine, he was a busy boy trying to meet everyone he had never met before. :)




Here are a few of my 'favorites' of the Thanksgiving holiday. Walker's first plane ride....an just a cute pic of Walker in his camo.

Here are my precious niece and nephew...the children of my twin brother, Paul. Abby is 3 (going on 13) and Logan is 6 mos. We had not seen them since this summer when Logan was born so it had been a long 6 mos. since I was pregnant I couldn't fly home or travel that far to see them. They had changed quite a bit! To see all of the Thanksgiving pics go HERE! We really enjoyed getting to stay in my parents newly finished home. It's beautiful as you can see from the pics in the album. We also were fortunate enough to attend the Egg Bowl....however great story to that one too. We stayed for the entire game until 10 minutes to go....we were tired and ready to eat so we walked to the Deli. And as all of you know, State had an amazing come back and scored all 17 points with 8 minutes to go on the clock. All I can say is that I'm glad the Deli has a TV so we could at least watch the SWEET victory. I sadly became one of those people I despised when I cheered, you know the 'fairweather' fans that leave when it looks hopeless. I promise it will not happen again Bulldogs. Congrats on a fabulous win and bragging rights for the entire year.

Well that's all folks...I'll be back soon I promise....still more things to blog. Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

I am so glad that little Walker is ok and that you and Forrest are fine as well. It can be sooooo traumatic when your little one is hurt and in the ER. God is so good, though!
Jen

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! how scary. So glad that little man is okay! He is so beautiful.

The Vickerys said...

wow, my heart stopped reading that story!!!! girl, i had a similar, though not nearly as dangerous, thing happen this past week, where my heart was in my throat when i realized what i had done. i went shopping with ellie and had her in the car seat. in order for her to feel more comfy, i undid the straps and shopped away. I put her back in the car and drove home. When I went to get her out of the car back home, i realized that I never fastened her back in. she drove all the way home unhooked!!! I felt terrible! But i think stories like these are one of many we will have by the time our little angels are grown :) glad sweet boy was ok!

Jenny said...

bless his heart!!! i hope he's recovering well...he's cute as can be:) i have a gift for you, but email me your current address, b/c i have misplaced it..thanks!

The Segrest Family said...

OH MY WORD! bless your heart! what a common thing that we mommies do... don't feel bad - praise the LORD that he is okay!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing... reminds me of all of the things i need to be thinking about with a new little one coming!