CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Wisdom Teeth Yank...


Well, the week is upon us when I'll be getting my WISDOM TEETH PULLED!
You read correct, I'm 29 years old and still have my wisdom teeth because I had room for them. And I was thankful for that....until now! :( And now they all 4 have cavities, so the dentist thought it best to pull them rather than try to keep maintaining them only to have cavities keep coming back. He asked me if EAT lots of sugar? I was like hmmm no...I really don't eat desserts and sweets....but then it donned on me...AHA! I DRINK a good amount of sugar (well not lots but enough). Thanks A LOT SOUTHERN SWEET TEA FIX & COFFEE GIRL!
Ahhhh! I can't decide if I'd rather give birth again or go through this?
Which one would you prefer? I keep hearing this will not be too bad since
they will use an IV sedation method to put me to sleep, but I'm going to be VERY clear
to tell him put me out 100%. I do not want to hear, feel, or remember any of it.
When I was in junior high, I remember getting my teeth yanked and sweating in that chair, and uhhh the misery! Please pray for me on Saturday morning if you remember to....9:00AM is go time! If you have any pointers/ suggestions, please post your comments here. I need all the help I can get. I'm also apprehensive what my state of being will be afterwards for the weekend, and the well being of Walker. I'm sure Forrest will do a fine job, but there's no replacing 'the mama.' You know what I mean. Ahhhh--I don't want to do this!! The good news from all of this is, the next step will be to fix my front 4 teeth that I've chipped and what not since junior high and get them pretty...and then get all of my teeth whitened hopefully. I've never been able to get my teeth whitened b/c some of them are caps and ceramic, and obviously would not bleach like the 'real' ones. Thanks again SWEET TEA & COFFEE! Thank goodness for dentist payment plans right?

4 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

EJ,
I got my 4 impacted wisdom teeth out in high school. It wasn't too bad, but I got the stupid "dry sockets". These KILL!!!!! I pray you don't get them!
Matt (my hubby) got his wisdom teeth out at age 25. He had heard horror stories about the dry sockets, so he followed all of the doctors orders TO THE LETTER and didn't get dry sockets at all. He was REALLY out of it and slept a lot for about 24 hours. He lived off of Jell-O and ice cream for about 4 days (and lost about 5 lbs to boot!).
The doc will give you a thorough list of things to follow (I remember that there was toothpaste we had to get that didn't have a certain ingredient in it because that ingredient can cause dry sockets, but I can't remember what it was).
I'm sure you will be fine!
Love,
Jen

Kelley said...

Do everything the doctor says to avoid the dry sockets. Take the pain meds. Have faith in Forrest's parenting skills and sleep through it!
Praying....

Emily said...

EJ...I'll be right there with you soon! I told them I wanted to wait until I was done nursing...maybe that's why I am holding on to morning and night time feedings...so I don't have to have the wisdom teeth out!!! Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Cindy Cates said...

Don't worry, you'll do great! I have been through 3 oral surgeries including the wisdom teeth stuff. Make sure you eat something when you take the pain meds after surgery! Who wants to get sick when you are already feeling yucky.
GOOD LUCK!